Our election poll for the position of president and treasurer has now been extended.
The new deadline for voting is September 22, 2017.
The reasons for this extension are mainly two; 1) we opened our poll later than originally planned and we want to give our members ample time to study the candidates and vote; and 2) we want to serve you better
Please read and follow the instructions below:
2. Individual full members are those who have applied to become a full member of EABA, have sent sufficient documentation about their involvement in behavior analysis, both in their studies, training, and employment, have been assessed as meeting the requirements for full membership (see text from website at the end of this email marked with an asterisk and in red) and have paid the membership fee (€50 per year). The documentation is sent to EABA‘s secretary (through our website or to email@example.com) when applying for full membership or shortly after.
3. Members of National member organizations (NMO) can apply for full membership at reduced rates (25€ per year). Note that being a member of a National member organization, NMO, e.g., an affiliated chapter of EABA, does not automatically make you a full member. In order to become a full member you have to apply for full membership (through our website or to firstname.lastname@example.org), pay the appropriate fee and receive confirmation from EABA‘s secretary that you meet the criteria (see text about the criteria at the end of this email, direct quote from our website, marked with an asterisk and in red). If you are found to meet the requirements for full membership, you will receive an e-mail with a link to vote.
4. Individual affiliate members and student members of EABA, who have finished their studies and graduated, can also apply for full membership. In order to become a full member you have to apply for full membership (through our website or to email@example.com), pay the appropriate fee and receive confirmation from EABA‘s secretary that you meet the criteria (see direct quote about requirements from our website at the end of this email marked with an asterisk and in red). If you are found to meet the requirements for full membership, your status will change from affiliated/student member to full member with the right to vote at the present election and you will receive an e-mail with a link to the poll.
Please renew your full membership (no need to send information again if you have been a full member before)
apply to become a full member with the information needed.
Our secretary will reply to you once your application for full membership has been assessed and you will have ample time to vote with a link that you will be sent no later than in the beginning of September. Those who have now, and have had a valid full membership from prior years, have already received the link and can vote at any time before Sept 22. The link is only sent to full members from the secretary and cannot be used if forwarded.
Thank you very much for your participation and for supporting EABA with your membership, we greatly appreciate you.
We hope to have as many full members as possible so that we can have a great election!!
*Direct quotation from EABA by-laws:
To become a full member of the Association the following requirements must be met:
1. Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a related field, and
2. 2. Employment for at least one year (in a professional capacity) within education, social services, health services, or other related fields which involve the application of behaviour analytic principles, and which are approved by the membership committee
Zuilma Gabriela Sigurðardóttir, Ph.D.
President, European Association for Behavior Analysis