Discussions on the development of a European Association were continued at the first international ABAI Conference in Venice, Italy.
The initial goal of the EABA were:
- to act as a unifying body to promote Behaviour Analysis across Europe.
- to organise the European Congress in experimental and applied Behaviour Analysis
- to foster collaboration between the member countries and organisations outside Europe (e.g. The Association of Behaviour Analysis International).
- to establish and maintain a website.
- to support the publication of the European Journal of Behaviour Analysis (EJOBA).
- to work towards developing a democratic organisation representing Behaviour Analysis from both applied and basic domains from all countries in Europe.